2021 Board of Directors: Elections
Each year, Sonography Canada’s voting members elect a Board of Directors to govern the affairs of the association. The 12-member Board is comprised of three Directors representing each of the three sonography specialty credentials, three Directors representing each geographic region (Eastern, Central and Western), plus six Directors-at-Large. Please click here to familiarize yourself with Sonography Canada’s current Board of Directors.
Board elections are held each year prior to the Annual General Meeting (AGM). To ensure continuity from one year to the next, the three-year mandate for the various director positions do not end in the same year. This year, three Board positions will stand for election with the Board term starting directly following the AGM which will take place virtually on May 29, 2021.
The nomination period is now open!
This year, Sonography Canada is accepting candidates to run for election for three positions on the Board of Directors for a three-year term commencing May 30, 2021:
- Director Regional – Eastern : Must be an Active Member in good standing for a period of at least two (2) years, who resides in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island or Newfoundland, and holds at least one of the following Sonography Canada credentials: Canadian Registered Generalist Sonographer (CRGS®), Canadian Registered Cardiac Sonographer (CRCS®) or Canadian Registered Vascular Sonographer (CRVS®).
- Director Regional – Central : Must be an Active Member in good standing for a period of at least two (2) years, who resides in Manitoba, Ontario or Quebec, and who holds at least one of the following Sonography Canada credentials: (CRGS®), (CRCS®), or (CRVS®).
- Director-at-Large : Must be an Active Member in good standing for a period of at least two (2) years, who holds at least one of the following Sonography Canada credentials: (CRGS®), (CRCS®), or (CRVS®).
INFORMATION ABOUT THE POSITION
Elected Directors will be expected to:
- serve a term of three (3) years, beginning on May 30th, 2021;
- attend two (2) face-to-face meetings every year, one in the spring and the other in the fall (November). Fall meetings are typically held over a weekend.
- attend the Annual General Meeting held virtually in the spring of each year
- participate in monthly teleconference or online meetings and contribute to business discussions
SUBMITTING A NOMINATION
- Complete the online nomination form by clicking on the button below (you must be logged in to your member account), OR download, complete and submit the downloadable nomination form by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax at 1-888-743-2952.
- Obtain three (3) supporting references from Active Members in good standing who each hold at least one of the following Sonography Canada credentials: CRGS®, CRCS®, CRVS®.
- The submission deadline is 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, March 15th, 2021.
Please direct any questions or concerns you may have to the attention of Susan Clarke, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.