COVID-19 & SonoCon
Our annual conference is being postponed until later this year when we hope you will be able to enjoy three days of insightful, engaging and practical experiences to help you as the modern sonographer.
Rest assured that ensuring your safety, and that of those around you, remains the primary priority for Sonography Canada and conference organizers.
The Province of Alberta released a news release indicating that, effective immediately, the Alberta government is asking all large gatherings or events in the province involving more than 250 attendees, including conferences, to be cancelled.
As a result, we are postponing our Annual Conference. We’re not canceling the event altogether because our line-up of speakers is just too good and SonoCon is the only conference devoted specifically to diagnostic medical sonography in Canada. We are looking to confirm dates for later this year, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Calgary.
We ask all participants, speakers and partners for patience; our conference management team is consulting with suppliers and reviewing alternative courses of action so we can present our next steps to you. Rest assured that we are monitoring the situation and additional information will be shared as it becomes available.
All conference-related questions should be directed to email@example.com.
As of March 13, 2020, 152 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Canada.
- British Columbia – 53
- Alberta – 23
- Saskatchewan – 0
- Manitoba – 1
- Ontario – 60
- Quebec – 13
- New Brunswick – 1
- Repatriated Canadians – 1
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as LOW for Canada. Public health risk is continually reassessed as new information becomes available.
What you need to know:
- Practice good personal health habits each day. For more information on symptoms see Up-to-date Information links below.
- Should you become ill – stay home and seek local medical assistance.
- Sonography Canada has implemented a full-registration fee refund policy for any registered attendee who falls ill, must care for a sick household member, is at high risk of contracting COVID-19, or is prevented from gathering/travelling by their employer and can no longer attend the event.
We will continue to provide updates as new information is known.
Coronavirus Up-to-date Information
- A live-tracker of the spread of the disease from Johns Hopkins University
- The Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations for traveling
- World Health Organization’s explanatory video and resources page
- Canadian Government