Holistic Approach to Cancer Imaging – VCA Education Solutions for Health Professionals
Early bird Fee: $175 (+HST) Deadline September 08, 2019 (extended) Regular Fee: $220 ( +HST) September 29, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
Medical Radiation Technologist in Ontario are eligible to apply for Allied Health Professional Development Fund (AHPDF) grants dedicated for professional development activities.
STUDENTS can use the coupon code “ student ” for 20% discount and may need to present a copy of their student ID at the workshop firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Education Day
The focus of this Education Day is on Holistic Approach to Oncology Imaging; the education day will cover:
1. Understand Patient Centered Care in Cancer Imaging and Treatment
2. Have a basic understanding of how an ultrasound image is created
3. List advantages and disadvantages of ultrasound as an oncology imaging modality
4. Identify organs/structures where ultrasound plays a role in oncology
5. Appreciate some of the sonographic features related to oncology
6. Understand the complexity of CT Imaging in Cancer diagnosis, staging, and surveillance
7. Familiarize with the benefit of IV and oral contrast in characterizing cancer pathologies
8. Understand PET basics
9. Comprehend PET applications in Oncology
10. Be able to describe the challenges of implementing interventional MRI (iMRI) for diagnosis.
11. Understand the use of iMRI for treatment of benign and metastatic lesions and tumors
12. Understand the advantages and challenges of MR imaging for diagnosis of cancer
13. Understand the current clinical practices and advanced imaging techniques
14. Review the role that radiation therapy plays in the management of cancer within the Canadian context
15. Recognize the importance of imaging within the cancer treatment trajectory
16. Identify how imaging has advanced radiation therapy treatment techniques