Automated Breast Ultrasound Screening (ABUS) Sonographer/Technologist
Automated Breast Ultrasound Screening (ABUS) Technologist
Peace Diagnostic Imaging
Peace Diagnostic Imaging (PDI) is opening a Women’s Imaging Center in our newly renovated office. This exciting expansion will allow PDI to bring the newest technology in Automated Breast Ultrasound Screening to Grande Prairie. We are looking for an energetic, skilled, and caring Sonographer to join our ABUS program. This will be a part time ABUS position (20 hours/week) with the opportunity to obtain fulltime hours in our ultrasound department if desired. If you are part time because of an RSI, then this may allow you to be full time and maintain all your credentials!
Summary of Duties
As an ABUS technologist you will perform screening and diagnostic automated breast ultrasound examinations and related duties working in collaboration with radiologists and other health care professionals.
- Provide excellent patient care while maintaining patient confidentiality and safety
- Perform high quality diagnostic studies in a time efficient manner
- Adhere to professional practice guidelines, policies & scope of practice
- Perform required care, cleaning and basic maintenance of equipment and consumables
- Thoroughly explain and educate the patient on the exam being performed
- Occasionally precept and teach ultrasound students
The primary responsibilities of this role will be within the ABUS department, but if mutually agreeable, duties may also be extended into our ultrasound department which includes the following modalities:
- Echocardiography/Pediatric Echocardiography
- Small Parts/Superficial Structures
- Graduate of a recognized/accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography program
- Credentialed member of Sonography Canada and/or certification with American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP)
- Experience in hand-held breast ultrasound preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English skills (please indicate if you are fluent in other languages)
- Exceptional patient care skills with a customer service approach
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, and at times independently
- Demonstrate effective time management, decision-making skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Positive work attitude, reliable, punctual, professional, and flexible
- Extensive knowledge of ultrasound physics and artifacts
Currently, we have one of the best benefits packages, including medical/dental/insurance
(life/critical illness/long-term disability). We have recently added RRSP matching and Maternity Top Up to our benefits list.
This is a part-time position with eligibility for fulltime in ultrasound if desired
Start Date: March 23, 2021
Salary: Tech I on AHS Diagnostic Sonographer Grid
Please provide a cover letter with your resume when applying
Interested Applicants please apply to: email@example.com
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting