Clinical Applications Specialist – Ultrasound
Location: Ottawa and Northern Ontario
Canon Medical Systems Canada (CMSCA) is a leading worldwide provider of a high-quality diagnostic imaging systems and comprehensive medical solutions. We are looking for a highly capable Clinical Applications Specialist – Ultrasound supporting the province of Ontario.
In this position, you will assist in the sales process through product demonstrations and customer interactions to achieve regional and corporate sales/marketing goals. You will provide ongoing customer support through product installations, upgrades, phone support and training programs, maintain knowledge of current trends in ultrasound to support customers as capabilities of products are developed and released, and support company goals in all interactions with customers and employees. You will represent Canon Medical Systems Canada in a professional manner at all times. The ideal candidate will reside in the Ottawa region.
This position collaborates effectively with CMSCA corporate and regional resources to achieve profitable revenue growth with customer satisfaction.
As a member of CMSCA, you will be an integral team player in the promotion of our ultrasound equipment to hospitals and private institutions.
- Provide product demonstration support in hospitals, clinics and other medical facilities
- Support post-sales activities: installation, training, follow-up and troubleshooting with new or existing customers
- Consistently deliver high level quality of education and training to customers and users
- Position yourself as a consultant to customers and users
- Supports tradeshow and other marketing activities
- Active participation in product training internally and externally
- Complete required administrative activities
- Provide customer feedback to Marketing
- Communicate regularly with local, modality and management teams
- Professionally handle objections and questions
- Utilizes product knowledge to effectively position features and capabilities that represent solutions to customer needs
- Minimum 5 years of ultrasound clinical experience as a registered sonographer in hospital or clinic environment, preferably with experience using Canon Ultrasound Equipment
- Registry required: Active credentialed member of Sonography Canada, ARDMS or RDMS
- Demonstrated ultrasound skill in Radiology, OB/GYN and basic vascular ultrasound imaging
- Knowledge in echocardiography would be preferred
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- May require more than 50% travel time
- Previous classroom teaching and presentation experience preferred (in ultrasound would be a plus)
- MS Office software including PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Commercial applications experience or sales experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong customer interface and training skills
- Previous leadership experience a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Effectively and appropriately displays professional skills necessary to manage interpersonal relationships with team members, colleagues and customers
- Works in a well-organized manner, consistently meeting customer and Canon time requirements
- Strives for constant improvement; inspires and motivates others
- Bilingual in English and French is preferred
About Canon Medical Systems Canada Limited
Canon Medical Systems Canada Limited (CMSCA), a Canon Group company headquartered in Markham, Ontario, provides patient-focused imaging technologies with specialties in CT, X-Ray, Angiography, Ultrasound, MRI, and Healthcare Informatics. Advanced service solutions range from single-room coverage to complete asset management programs.
All sales, services and operations are Canadian-based, with a strong presence of technical service employees in more than 25 cities across the country. Reporting directly to Canon Medical Systems Corporation, provides close ties to our research, engineering and product specialists, enabling the Canadian team to influence product decisions and delivery for the needs of our customers.
Please forward your resume to CMSCA-Careers@medical.canon.
We thank you for applying to this position. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
At Canon Medical Systems Canada Limited we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve including accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the AODA. If you require accommodation due to disability please notify Human Resources and we will work with you to meet your needs.
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting