Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer – General Procedures & Cardiac Sonography
|Job Title:||Diagnostic Medical Sonographer – General Procedures & Cardiac Sonography|
|Work Site:||Various Sites: Lions Gate Hospital, Vancouver General Hospital, BC Cancer Vancouver, BC Children’s Hospital, University of BC Hospital, Richmond Hospital, Burnaby Hospital, Royal Columbia Hospital, Surrey Memorial Hospital, Jim Pattison Pavilion Surrey, St Paul’s Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital and Abbotsford Regional Hospital.|
|Status:||Regular Full Time, Part Time and Casual|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$32.64 – $40.69 per hour|
|Hours:||Various rotations available|
Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of the department across the Lower Mainland Medical Imaging (LMMI) health authorities (Fraser Health, Providence Health Care, Provincial Health Services and Vancouver Coastal Health). Performs abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, small parts and echocardiography ultrasound examinations, observing patient safety practices. Duties include receiving and completing requisitions, entering relevant data into the diagnostic imaging information system, preparing patients for specific procedures, and conducting examinations utilizing ultrasound and Doppler techniques. May perform venipuncture for contrast media injections as directed by the Radiologist/Cardiologist. Participates on committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Graduate of a recognized training program in Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography and certified with Sonography Canada or the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or be certified with Sonography Canada and have passed the Sonography Canada Skills Assessment (CCSA).
- Completion of Intravenous Therapy training course or applicable experience working in IV Therapy or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience when required by site practice.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice for sonography procedures including abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, small parts and cardiac sonography.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the aseptic techniques.
- Broad knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with diagnostic sonographic and medical imaging equipment.
- Broad knowledge of imaging acquisition applications and digital imaging storage and distribution networks such as PACS.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change
consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective
Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to
complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
APPLY NOW: https://bit.ly/3chNWqw
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting