DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHER (FT / PT / CASUAL)
West Coast Medical Imaging, BC’s largest premium imaging provider, is currently accepting applications for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers at our locations across the Lower Mainland and Victoria. Work your hours at safe and state-of-the-art clinics. Applicants must possess current Generalist certification with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS and have at least one year of recent Canadian scanning experience.
- Current, credentialed member with Sonography Canada (CRGS) and/or certification with American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory and practical application for Diagnostic Medical
Sonography procedure types including: abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, and small parts.
- Good command of the English language.
- Previous, recent, and related experience required (1 year minimum of Canadian scanning experience required)
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Performing various scanning procedures, following set exam protocols, scan sequence preferences and imaging format preference
- Ability to differentiate normal vs. abnormal sonographic findings using knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate findings/ technical impression of various exams (Orally and in writing) to the reporting Radiologist
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills essential
- Demonstrates professional and effective communication when dealing with patients, their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, as well as staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrates exceptional patient care
- Ensuring WCMI, Ministry of Health, and DAP guidelines are followed
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to fulfill workload priorities in collaboration with other members of the team
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques
- Demonstrated technical computer skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands to perform the duties of the position
- Remain in good standing with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS as well as participating in Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Maintain clean and organized work area
- Other duties as required
Please send a cover letter, along with your up-to-date resume to: Allison Cookhouse, Imaging Manager, Email: email@example.com
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting