Echo Sonographer (Part-Time)
Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto’s best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada’s largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Echo Sonographer (Part-Time)
The Echo Technologist is responsible for processing and testing patients for echocardiogram, doppler, TEEs, Stress Echo, Contrast Echo and Paediatric Echo testing.
- Sonography Canada CRCS credentialed membership and Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) in adult Echocardiography – M-Mode and 2D Doppler studies.
- University degree in health related field, e.g., BSc, RN preferred.
- Two years full-time echocardiography lab experience.
- Good knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology, and electrocardiography.
- Proficient with M-Mode and 2D Echo Doppler.
- Experience with Trans-esophageal Echo, Exercise Echo and Pediatrics (preferred).
- Sound decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in providing patient focused care.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going learning.
- Professional and cooperative; mature, reliable, and responsible.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN)
- agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH’s policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please email your resume & application form indicating “ECHO2001” in the subject line to:Visit our career page Download application form
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting