You became an Echocardiography Sonographer because…
You want to make an impact.
You believe in the power of compassionate care.
You need to channel your intelligence towards helping others.
You are passionate about teamwork. You have strength beyond measure
This is your chance.
William Osler Health System (Osler) invites you to answer the call to make a difference. Your community needs your skills, your compassion, and your energy.
With a focus on collaboration, access to leaders in their field as mentors paid professional development opportunities, and a flexible, supportive environment, Osler is the place for healthcare professionals to achieve their career goals and find deep personal and professional fulfillment.
A hospital built for and by the community, we continue to expand our services and unit sizes to meet the needs of a growing population, creating opportunities for increased hands-on skills development, cross-department training, and promotion. With a leadership team led by our CEO, an ER physician who has been on the front-lines, driving our vision of patient-inspired health care without boundaries, everyone here is appreciated for their contribution in bringing our values to life, fostering innovation in assessments and treatments, and supporting the well-being of their patients and each other.
Who we are
Osler is committed to providing safe, equitable, high-quality care in an environment that inspires our staff to learn, innovate and grow. We believe that, together, we can create a stronger, more unified health care system for people across our region.
One of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for the ninth year in a row in 2021 for its exceptional workplace diversity and inclusiveness programs and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for the eighth time in 2019, Osler provides a leading healthcare network to grow your career. A multi-site hospital system that serves 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke, and surrounding communities, we offer employees incredible exposure and challenging hands-on opportunities to stay at the top of your game. Our patient-centric focus is demonstrated across our locations, all uniquely designed to support both the practical aspects of access to compassionate, cutting-edge health care, as well as the way patients and visitors feel.
Several positions are available including:
Full Time, Temporary
Non-Invasive Cardiology Comb Out – Multiple Sites
Diagnostic Cardiology – Multiple Sites
HOURS: Days and
Evenings, including weekends and statutory holidays as required
(Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
Reporting to the Clinical Services Manager, the Echocardiography Sonographer will be responsible for Cardiac Ultrasound studies including 2D and Color Doppler for adult and paediatric patient assessments; assist cardiologists with transesophaegeal studies, stress echo, contrast, quality management, statistics, and other related duties as assigned
- Must be registered with the CMRITO
- A current credentialed member of Sonography Canada
- Postgraduate Cardiac Sonography diploma from an accredited school in Canada
- RDCS registration in good standing with Sonography Canada or ARDMS
- Experience in paediatric sonography is an asset
- Must be proficient in adult studies and associated echo modalities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills with a well-developed customer service focus; dealing effectively with patients and physicians
- Effective problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced clinical environment
- Demonstrate initiative and judgment appropriate for the position
- Ability to work in an inter-professional team environment as well as independently.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, and the ability to make independent decisions, displaying a high level of initiative.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a physically and mentally demanding environment.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Satisfactory attendance record
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attendance, punctuality, and work record required
- Required to work at all hospital campuses
Your community thanks you for considering this role.
Joining Osler now is a chance to immerse yourself in a culturally diverse, collaborative, and innovative environment. You will play a key role in building out a healthcare program that addresses the needs of people from all over the world and all levels of income, experiencing minor and life-threatening injuries and diseases. As a major hospital system, we are home to some of the biggest specialty and emergency departments in the country and you will broaden your expertise, increase your knowledge and your own adaptability, and gain endless opportunities for growth.
Come live our values – Respect, Excellence, Innovation, Service, Compassion, and Collaboration – with us.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. (AODA). If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
* In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume with your on-line application.
** Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted **
Please apply online at www.williamoslerhs.ca
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting