Full-Time Casual, & Locum Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
Peace Diagnostic Imaging (PDI) is seeking outstanding Sonographers to join our team. Full-time, casual, and locum positions are available. The full-time positions are available at our Peace River, and La Crete locations. Casual and locum positions are available at all Peace Diagnostic Imaging locations.
For over 20 years, PDI has been providing high quality diagnostic radiology to the residents of Northern Alberta and Eastern B.C. We are committed to improving lives and communities through excellence in patient care and medical imaging. We are located in Grande Prairie, a young, thriving city full of continuous growth and opportunity with much to offer, from shopping and entertainment to world-class recreation facilities and activities, as well as a regional airport.
PDI has recently expanded the clinic to include a Women’s Imaging center. There we provide Tomosynthesis, Automated Breast Ultrasound (ABUS), Bone Mineral Density, and OB/Gynae Imaging. We also have extensively updated General Ultrasound/Echocardiography and added Pain Management and Fluoroscopy. In addition, we have opened ultrasound clinics in Peace River, La Crete, and High Prairie, to provide improved service to more communities in the Peace Country.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate medical imaging equipment to efficiently perform quality diagnostic exams
- Use independent judgement and adjust each exam to optimize its diagnostic utility
- Prepare effective exam reports and documentation
- Train and assess student sonographers, as needed
- Participate in accreditation
- Superior communication skills with patients, colleagues, and radiologists
- Commitment to patient-centered care and sensitivity to individual needs and concerns
- Ensure patient confidentiality
- Follow department protocols and guidelines
- Work effectively as part of the PDI health care team
- Diploma from accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography program (or equivalent)
- Active Credentialed (CRGS®) member of Sonography Canada with professional liability insurance
- Criminal and vulnerable sector check
- Current CPR certification
Reasons to choose PDI
- $50,000 signing bonus to all successful full-time candidates with no locked
in return of service requirements.
The signing bonus for part-time candidates will be pro-rated based on the worktime percentage.
- Highly competitive wages above and beyond the AHS pay schedule
- Outstanding benefits including medical and dental, life/dependent life, critical illness, long term disability, paid vacation, retention bonus, professional fee reimbursement, paid breaks, Christmas vacation, etc.
- Generous professional development allowance. Monthly radiologist/sonographer driven educational rounds
- RRSP matching and Maternity Top Up programs
- Recognition of previous experience
- Moving expenses of up to $5000.00
- Premium wages: $65/hour
- Airfare and accommodations provided (minimum 1 week commitment)
Apply today to learn more. Please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting