Are you looking for a rewarding career in Sonography? Island Health is seeking a Generalist Sonographer who wants to showcase their knowledge, skills, and abilities in a dynamic environment.
Reporting to the supervisor, and under the general supervision of a radiologist, the MI Generalist Sonographer performs general ultrasound examinations. Duties include receiving and completing requisitions, forms and reports; preparing and monitoring supplies and equipment; patient monitoring; and operating ultrasound equipment, including preparing and presenting patient data to radiologist.
To qualify, you must have:
- Graduation from an approved Ultrasound Technologist/ Diagnostic Medical Sonography Diploma program.
- Sonography Canada and/or American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) certification credentials as a Generalist Sonographer
- 1 year recent, related experience in a health care setting, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Why Port Alberni?
Do you enjoy being immersed in magnificent scenery and outdoor recreation while having access to all the amenities of big city life? Consider the joy of working in the close-knit community setting of Port Alberni where healthcare providers’ play and important role in this community. We offer the best possible life-work balance with community focused teams, relocation assistance and an amazing lifestyle in one of Canada’s best climates.
Here are just a few of the great reasons for living, playing and working in Port Alberni:
- Affordable housing and a tight knit, family-oriented community that make it a great place to raise children An outdoor enthusiasts paradise – surrounded by wildlife and easy access to beaches, fishing, camping, boating, kayaking, paddle boarding, hiking trails, bike riding, skiing
- A smaller community means you get to know your patients as well as your co-workers
- Centrally located at hour from alpine skiing on Mount Washington and a short drive to pristine beaches, whale watching and surfing of Tofino
- A small town living environment with big city benefits – big box stores, craft breweries, large sports facilities including the Port Alberni Multiplex, and education facilities (North Island College)
Island Health is one of British Columbia’s regional health authorities. With more than 24,500 employees, 1,900 physician partners and 3,000 volunteers, Island Health Is the largest employer on Vancouver Island, providing a comprehensive range of progressive health services to the 765,000 residents of Vancouver Island and adjacent coastal communities. We create work environments that support and attract workers with passion and dedication that will help us provide the highest quality of patient care. Some of our positions are eligible for an exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, long term disability and extensive extended health plan, plus up to four weeks’ vacation after your first year of employment. Join the Island Health team and make a difference!
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting