Medical Sonographer – Vascular
Horizon Health Network is the largest health network in Atlantic Canada and is the second-largest employer in New Brunswick with over 13,000 staff and 1000 physicians in over 100 facilities, clinics, and offices. We are currently recruiting for a Medical Sonographer – Vascular to join our team in Fredericton at the Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital.
WORKING FOR HORIZON HEALTH NETWORK
At Horizon Health Network, we offer a challenging work environment supported by an excellent network of dedicated professionals. We offer a competitive salary, development opportunities, and a recognition program. This is a permanent full-time position.
As key members of our team, we will work together to provide Exceptional Care. Every Person. Every Day.
Join us as a valued healthcare provider to deliver care to and perform ultrasound examinations for patients referred for evaluation. Using your strong clinical skills, you will be responsible for Performing Vascular ultrasound examinations. You will be actively involved in inpatient and family teaching, and function collaboratively with other members of your healthcare team.
HOURS OF WORK – Days
- Preparing patients for Vascular ultrasound examinations
- Preparing and operating equipment used in Vascular ultrasound examinations
- Screening test results and preparing reports for physicians
- Cleaning, inspecting, troubleshooting, and maintaining Vascular ultrasound equipment
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Providing mentoring and support for technicians and other health care professionals
- Completion of a recognized Diagnostic Sonography Training Program with a specialty in Vascular Ultrasound.
- A current credentialled member of Sonography Canada
- Registered or eligible for registration with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
Culture and history come together in Fredericton, New Brunswick’s capital city. Located in the heart of New Brunswick along the majestic St. John River, Fredericton and the nearby villages of New Maryland, Oromocto, and Keswick Ridge are surrounded by an extensive trail system, making the entire region a nature buff’s paradise.
Applications may be sent to Derek Schriver, Talent Acquisition Specialist: Derek.Schriver2@HorizonNB.ca
Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting