Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer
Position: Temporary Part Time Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer
Department: Diagnostic Imaging
Union Affiliation: Non-Union
The Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer accurately and efficiently provides cardiac imaging services under the supervision of the ultrasound Charge Technologist and the Diagnostic Imaging Director in accordance with established hospital and department processes, policies and procedures.
Qualification and Experience:
- Graduate of a recognized Cardiac Sonography program.
- At least one (1) year of relevant echocardiography experience.
- Current credentialed member of Sonography Canada
- Current registration with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO).
- Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice as well as within a client and family centered care model and the vision and values of the organization
- Current BCLS or Heartsaver Certificate – preferred
- Capable of performing Echocardiograms on a uniquely complex patient population using standardized technical procedures requiring independent judgment with skill and initiative (Cardiac Scanning).
- Ability to exercise good judgment and application of technical factors when assessing patient capabilities and limitations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – communicates effectively using timely, appropriate written, verbal and non-verbal means
- Ensures all abnormal and urgent cases are handled accordingly.
- Ability to work independently and be an integral part of the Diagnostic Imaging and Ultrasound team while ensuring the provision of timely, accurate and precise Echocardiograms and quality patient care.
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- Ability to operate relevant equipment and software for imaging acquisition applications and digital imaging storage and distribution networks such as Cerner and AGFA PACS, non-imaging and patient care applications.
- Knowledge of infection control practices
- Utilizes effective listening skills to maximize understanding of issues
- Demonstrates commitment to professional development and learning
- Proven exemplary attendance record
- Commitment to Service Excellence – through demonstrated strong patient and customer focused philosophy in all interactions, passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Satisfactory vulnerable person’s sector criminal background check.
- Must have and provide proof of full COVID-19 immunization.
Hours of Work:
Shifts will vary and may include weekdays, afternoons, weekends or Statutory Holidays.
How to Apply:
- Apply on our website at www.wgh.on.ca
- Choose ‘working here’
- Click on ‘career opportunities’
- Choose the appropriate job title
- Read and agree to the disclosure
- Apply to the position and create a profile
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting