SONOGRAPGHER, REGULAR CASUAL
The Ottawa Fertility Centre is a state-of-the-art modern fertility treatment center that provides comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services to its patients. The Ottawa Fertility Centre is accredited by Accreditation Canada and pursues standards of excellence in all areas of its operations. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage staff growth and development.
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, the Sonographer contributes to the Centre’s vision of becoming nationally recognized as Canada’s premier centre for reproductive medical care. The performance of ultrasound examinations during fertility treatments and investigations is crucial to the operations of the Ottawa Fertility Centre. Accurate and consistent measurements are critical to the success of ART cycles. With this in mind, the sonographer has a very important and specialized role in the Ottawa Fertility Centre.
The sonographer is responsible for the performance of ultrasound examinations as per the AIUM standards for gynecology and early obstetrical ultrasound, accurate and consistent measurement of fertility related sonographic features (follicle diameters, endometrial thickness, antral follicle counts, etc), and trans-abdominal guidance for embryo transfers. The sonographer also will input reports into a PACS system for physician reporting. Housekeeping duties will include appropriate cleaning of endocavitary probes that is consistent with the High-Level Disinfection standards from the CSA and CPSO, and proper set up and cleaning of the ultrasound rooms between examinations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of ultrasound services, procedures, and standards in the Centre
- Comply with CSA and CPSO policy for HLD of endocavitary probes
- Perform ultrasound examinations on infertility patients using standard AIUM guidelines, including; gynecological scans, transabdominal, transvaginal gynecological and follicle tracking scans
- Complete early obstetrical scans and rule out ectopic examinations
- Conduct saline infusion sonography +/- tubal patency studies with agitated saline
- Input examination results into PACS for physician reporting
- Assist in embryo transfer procedures using trans-abdominal ultrasound guidance by providing ultra sonographic guidance to physicians performing embryo transfers.
- Properly clean and disinfect endocavitary probes
Qualifications and Experience:
- Maintain current CMRITO license – DMS
- Current and up-to-date Sonography Canada registration required
- Certification – as CRGS or RDMS (OB GYN) desirable
- Current BLS required
- Experience and comfort with transvaginal sonography
- Oral, written and reading comprehension in both English and French is considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- General understanding of assisted reproductive technologies
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to analyse and interpret data accurately
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Please submit your letter of application and up-to-date resume to Human Resources before the expiry date and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ottawa Fertility Centre is committed to accessible and equitable employment practices. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources to discuss your individual accessibility needs. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner, ensuring that all applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting