Sonographer/ Ultrasound Technologist
Full Time Registered Sonographer / Ultrasound Technologist
Salary: $33.28 – $46.38 per hour
St. Mary’s General Hospital has exciting opportunities to join our Diagnostic Imaging team! Whether you are looking for full-time employment or the flexibility of a part-time position, we would love to have you join us.
It’s the St. Mary’s way: compassionate care for our patients and each other, together.
We grow our people and we’re growing the future of healthcare today and tomorrow. Our patients are the heart of why we care, and our staff are the heart of how we care.
This is a pivotal and exciting time as we build for the future. Whether you are starting your career or looking for new experiences, don’t let our size fool you. We are leaders in our field recognized globally for world-class, innovative healthcare.
Our vision of “Inspiring Excellence. Healthier Together” is not just about our approach to patient-centred care, it’s also about our commitment to our staff.
Join us, learn with us, grow the future of healthcare…together.
The St. Mary’s Way:
- Inclusive: You are valued for your whole, authentic self.
- Training & Development: We’ll invest in you as we grow our team of today and the future.
- Well being Supports: Wraparound supports professionally and personally.
- Leaders in Healthcare: Join a winning team voted Top 100 Forbes Canada’s Best Employers 2022 and best hospital in Waterloo Region in the Record’s Reader Choice Awards!
The Registered Ultrasound Technologist (Sonographer) performs all ultrasound related procedures within the Diagnostic Imaging Department and other duties as assigned. The Registered Ultrasound Technologist must display excellent communication skills to successfully and respectfully communicate with patients/family members, staff, and physicians.
- Diagnostic imaging-sonographic scanning throughout the hospital including portable ultrasound scans in specialized units
- Assisting with interventional ultrasound guided procedures such as biopsy, fine needle aspiration etc.
- Ensuring total patient care and safety during procedures
- Reviewing and discussing findings with Radiologist
- Perform basic routine testing of digital imaging systems and appropriate entry to computer application systems
- Successfully completed an Ultrasound Diploma or Degree program from an accredited university or community college
- CMRITO membership
- Current Credentialed member of Sonography Canada with PLI (professional liability insurance)
- Current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must have a level of physical fitness to perform the manual tasks of the position
- 3-5 years of previous work experience or successful completion of clinical training within the specialty
What we offer
- Health and Dental benefits
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- A great team
Life in Waterloo Region:
- Innovation Hub
- Public Transportation
- Leading Schools
- Thriving Economy
- Vibrant Cultural & Community Activities
To apply visit: https://careers.smgh.ca/ and search job id 2332
If you have questions, please reach out to Ashley Moulton, Diagnostic Imaging Manager at email@example.com
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code. SMGH is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) to provide an inclusive, barrier free workplace. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. Should you require this accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to confirm the receipt of individual applications or resumes.
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting