Ultrasound Medical Sonographer – Frontier
Ultrasound Medical Sonographer Position:
Who we are:
Frontier Diagnostics is a vibrant new company who prides itself on valuing community. We offer a supportive work environment where you are recognized for bringing your best self to the job. We value an inclusive work culture.
Frontier Diagnostics is conveniently located within close proximity to a major city, the Canadian Badlands and the Indigenous cultural community of the Siksika (Blackfoot) Nation.
Frontier Diagnostics is seeking a full-time sonographer to join our team.
- Ensuring a positive patient experience through courtesy, compassion and respect
- Providing excellent patient safety and security through reviewing and obtaining patient history.
- Ensuring the appropriate exam is performed according to physicians’ orders and patient history.
- Performing ultrasound examinations, tailoring exams based on findings, while abiding by the standards of professional practice.
- Providing the patient with an explanation of the exam, and with accurate and consistent education.
- Assisting the radiologist with interventional procedures.
- Collaborating with radiologists, local physicians, and ancillary clinic staff.
- Ensuring optimal operation of equipment.
- Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS-HCP).
- Completion of an extended diploma from an accredited ultrasound program or completion of certification in Diagnostic Sonography.
- Active or eligible registration with Sonography Canada and/or Alberta College of Medical Diagnostics & Therapeutic (ACMDTT) and/or American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Ability to perform a wide range of sonographic exams including General, Vascular, OB and MSK ultrasound.
- Demonstrated aptitude for accuracy and detail.
- Confirmed excellence in interpersonal/ communication skills.
- Proven ability to cooperate and work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgement
Interested Applicants Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting