Posting #: 2021-871091
Position: Vascular Sonographer
Department: Diagnostic Imaging
Hours: Various rotating 7.5-hour shifts. Hours are subject to change based on operational requirements.
Site: Oakville (Milton and Georgetown as required)
This is what you will be doing:
Primarily vascular Sonography imaging with limited rotation through the general Ultrasound Imaging department. Candidate must be capable of independently performing vascular ultrasound examinations as well as general ultrasound.
This is what you will need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion, which guide our individual behaviors and attitudes.
- Registration in good standing with CMRITO with RVT credentials required
- Current credentialed member of Sonography Canada with current PLI
- Experience in a hospital environment preferred
- Must demonstrate competence and proficiency in high quality scanning of various vascular studies including but not limited to, arterial studies, ABI, TBI, grafts, fistulas, venous, venous insufficiency, vascular mapping and carotids
- Competence in general Ultrasound imaging including abdominal, pelvic, obstetric and small parts a requirement
- Ability to collaborate and contribute to vascular procedures and protocol development
- Prior experience with participation in vascular lab accreditation an asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage competing priorities that require independent judgment and initiative to support efficient workflow
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills in the assessment of complex pathologies
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with hospital staff and patients.
- Demonstrate commitment to be an integral part of the diagnostic imaging team to ensure smooth workflow within the department as well as between the department and other departments in the hospital
- Must have the ability to work independently
- Must provide compassion and respect for the patient, family and support persons in the provision of imaging services
- Reliable and flexible
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, we ask for everyone’s cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting