Location: 900 W Hastings St #800, Vancouver, BC V6C 1E5
Status: Permanent part-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Job Description – Sonographer / Ultrasound Technologist
Our DAP accredited facility is looking for professional and experienced Sonographers to perform ultrasound assessments under the direction of a Radiologist. Applicants must be comfortable working with limited supervision in a very fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities – Sonographer / Ultrasound Technologist
- Verifying patient demographics and collecting pertinent medical history
- Completing ultrasound assessments in accordance with DAP guidelines
- Liaising with physicians and clinic staff as necessary
- Analyzing technical and medical information
- Accurately documenting high quality images
- Providing excellent customer service while respecting patient confidentiality and safety
- Maintaining a tidy and organized work station
Qualifications – Sonographer / Ultrasound Technologist
- Completion of a recognized sonography program. Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience preferred
- Current credentialed member of Sonography Canada (preferred) and/or ARDMS
- CPR and WHMIS certifications an asset
- Ability to maintain composure, exercise sound judgement and display a sense of urgency when completing time sensitive tasks
- High level of efficiency, attention to detail and maturity
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team environment
- Previous experience with GE equipment an asset
Medisys is Canada’s leading nationwide provider of corporate health services, delivering integrated health management programs to organizations for almost 30 years. Our highly skilled professionals provide a full range of clinical and remote medical services across Canada at our 26 locations. Among many others, we provide executive medicals, travel consults, immunizations, medical surveillance programs, pre-employment health screenings, and wellness services.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, we will only contact with those selected for an interview. Determined to maintain its commitment to employment equity, Medisys encourages applications from the 4 designated groups identified in the Employment Equity Act. Under the Medisys accommodation policy, accommodations will be provided for the entire hiring process. Candidates are required to make known their needs in advance. Please note that we are exclusively recruiting people who can work legally in Canada.
** To apply, please send your resume to: Marie-Lee.Courtemanche@medisys.ca
More Career Opportunities
Looking to hire?
Sonography Canada is dedicated to promoting and advancing the ultrasound profession by helping employers find qualified sonographers for their organizations.
Submit a Job Posting