Alternate Pathway Applicants
Individuals who did not complete a Canadian accredited sonography program such as internationally credential (includes ARDMS/CCI) or trained sonographers and members seeking additional credentials can apply as an Alternate Applicant to go through the Sonography Canada credentialing process.
To learn more about prerequisite options click HERE.
These applicants need to submit the Alternate Pathway Application form. Once received, it can take up to six weeks for the application to be processed. The application will be assessed according to the Sonography Canada Eligibility Policy. If approved, candidates are able to move forward with the credentialing process; knowledge-based examinations and Canadian Clinical Skills Assessment (CCSA™).
- External Candidate Eligibility Policy
- Candidate Guide
- External Candidate Application
- Generalist, Cardiac and Vascular Algorithm
- External Candidate Info Generalist, Cardiac and Vascular
- The Michener Institute of Education Generalist Bridging Program
- Self Assessment Readiness Tool™ for Medical Sonographer