Alternate Pathway Applicants (External)
* IMPORTANT * Due to COVID-19 changes within our organization, we will not be accepting Alternate Pathway applications until further notice
Individuals who have not completed a Canadian accredited sonography program may apply as an Alternate Pathway Applicant to earn a Sonography Canada credential(s)
To learn more about prerequisites click HERE.
These applicants must submit an Alternate Pathway Application form to initiate the process. This will be assessed according to Sonography Canada’s Eligibility Policy. Note that this review can take up to six (6) weeks for the application to be processed.
If approved, candidates may move forward with the credentialing process; knowledge-based examinations and Canadian Clinical Skills Assessment (CCSA™).
- External Candidate Info Generalist, Cardiac and Vascular
- The Michener Institute of Education Generalist Bridging Program
- Self Assessment Readiness Tool™ for Medical Sonographer
Applications & Forms
- Exam Accommodation Request
- If a disability or impairment limits major life activities, a request for Exam Accommodations may be submitted in writing to Sonography Canada. This request must be submitted before the registration deadline of the exam session for which you are requesting exam accommodations.
- Exam Withdrawal and Refund
- Exam Results Appeals Request
- CCSA Result Appeals Request
Forward forms by email to:
or Fax: 1-888-743-2952