Alternate Pathway Applicants
Updated June 15, 2021
**Sonography Canada is now accepting new applications for the Alternate Pathway.**
Due to COVID-19, we are still not able to conduct the Canadian Clinical Skills Assessments (CCSA) at this time. Timelines for eligibility will be adjusted accordingly for those affected by the closure.
Individuals who have not completed a Canadian accredited sonography program or are seeking an additional credential may apply as an Alternate Pathway Applicant to earn a Sonography Canada credential(s).
These applicants must submit an Alternate Pathway Application form to initiate the process. This will be assessed according to Sonography Canada’s Eligibility Policy. Note that this review can take up to six (6) weeks for the application to be processed.
If approved, candidates may move forward with the credentialing process; knowledge-based examinations and Canadian Clinical Skills Assessment (CCSA™).
For a list of pathway prerequisites, click HERE.
The webinar below answers many of the common questions applicants to the Alternate Pathway ask us. After watching the webinar, reviewing the information on this page should clarify any questions you still have. Further questions can be submitted to email@example.com.
- External Candidate Info Generalist, Cardiac and Vascular
- The Michener Institute of Education Generalist Bridging Program
Applications & Forms
Application forms for those wishing to challenge Sonography Canada credentialing examinations are available below during registration periods only.
- Alternate Pathway / External Candidate Application
- CCSA Application
- Alternate (External) Application for Examinations – Due to updates to the examination process, starting in January 2022 there will be only one Generalist exam which includes all the required competencies for the Generalist (CRGS) credential. All candidates, including those who are rewriting any previous component, will be required to take the entire exam.
Important information for remote proctoring of written examinations
- For all upcoming exam administration dates (until further notice), Sonography Canada exams will be administered online with remote proctoring. Due to the ongoing situation with the pandemic many in-person test centres remain closed or are open with significantly reduced capacity. All applicants must complete and submit the online application form below.
- If an applicant wishes to request accommodation at a test centre, they MUST contact Sonography Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN THE LAST DAY OF EXAM REGISTRATION. This request should only be made in cases where the applicant does not have access to the required equipment (see #3 below). The request must include a preferred test centre location. However, availability for any site cannot be guaranteed.
- Equipment requirements for ‘Online Remote Proctoring’ exam delivery method: The following lists the basic equipment requirements. You must meet ALL the system requirements to access the exam. No exceptions.
- PC or Mac computer or laptop (chromebooks, tablets, iPads etc. are not supported)
- High speed internet (recommend a wired connection to internet, rather than wifi)
- Web Camera (1280 x 720 resolution recommended)
- A functioning microphone
- A handheld mirror/reflective device
- Exam Accommodation Request
If a disability or impairment limits major life activities, a request for Exam Accommodations may be submitted in writing to Sonography Canada. This request must be submitted before the registration deadline of the exam session for which you are requesting exam accommodations.
- Exam Withdrawal and Refund
- Exam Results Appeals Request
- CCSA Result Appeals Request
Forward forms by email to email@example.com