Alternate Pathway Applicants (External)
Individuals who have not completed a Canadian accredited sonography program may apply as an Alternate Pathway Applicant to earn a Sonography Canada credential(s)
To learn more about prerequisites click HERE.
These applicants must submit an Alternate Pathway Application form to initiate the process. This will be assessed according to Sonography Canada’s Eligibility Policy. Note that this review can take up to six (6) weeks for the application to be processed.
If approved, candidates may move forward with the credentialing process; knowledge-based examinations and Canadian Clinical Skills Assessment (CCSA™).
- External Candidate Eligibility Policy
- Candidate Guide
- External Candidate Application
- Generalist, Cardiac and Vascular Algorithm
- External Candidate Info Generalist, Cardiac and Vascular
- The Michener Institute of Education Generalist Bridging Program
- Self Assessment Readiness Tool™ for Medical Sonographer