Accredited Program Applicants
Graduates of a Canadian accredited educational program in sonography who have successfully completed the Canadian Clinical Skills Assessment (CCSA™) within the program practicum. In Canada, Accreditation Canada is the accrediting body for sonography education programs.
Following graduation from the educational program, candidates are required to complete the Sonography Canada written examination for which they wish to obtain credential(s).
For more information, please consult the Eligibility Policy below.
Canadian Accredited Program Graduates Pathway
- Program Eligibility Policy
- Candidate Guide
- National Competency Profiles
- Canadian Clinical Skills Assessment (CCSA)
- Canadian accredited sonography programs
Applications & Forms
- For all upcoming exam administration dates (until further notice), as an exam candidate you will have the choice to choose to take the Sonography Canada computer-based exams ‘online with remote proctoring (ProctorU)’ or in-person at a test centre.
With the ProctorU candidates:
- can take the exam at home, regardless of where they live (in Canada or abroad)
- use their own computer and Internet
- are monitored by a live proctor and artificial intelligence via web camera & microphone/speakers
Please note that, due to the current pandemic situation, there are quite a few test centre sites in our network that are not providing any guarantee about availability.
2. Equipment requirements for ‘Online Remote Proctoring’ exam delivery method –
The following lists the basic equipment requirements. You must meet ALL the system requirements to access the exam. No exceptions.
- PC or Mac computer or laptop (chromebooks, tablets, iPads etc. are not supported)
- High speed internet (recommend a wired connection to internet, rather than wifi)
- Web Camera (1280 x 720 resolution recommended)
- A functioning microphone
- A handheld mirror/reflective device
3. Note that the $125.00 administration fee is non-refundable.
Application forms for those wishing to challenge Sonography Canada credentialing examinations are available below during registration periods only.
- Exam Accommodation Request
- If a disability or impairment limits major life activities, a request for Exam Accommodations may be submitted in writing to Sonography Canada. This request must be submitted before the registration deadline of the exam session for which you are requesting exam accommodations.
- Exam Withdrawal and Refund
- Exam Results Appeals Request
Forward forms by email to:
or Fax: 1-888-743-2952
Information updated November 9, 2020