Accredited Program Applicants
Updated February 5, 2021
Graduates of a Canadian accredited educational program in sonography who have successfully completed the Canadian Clinical Skills Assessment (CCSA™) within the program practicum. In Canada, Accreditation Canada is the accrediting body for sonography education programs.
Following graduation from the educational program, candidates are required to complete the Sonography Canada written examination for which they wish to obtain credential(s).
For more information, please consult the Eligibility Policy below.
Canadian Accredited Program Graduates Pathway
- Program Eligibility Policy
- Candidate Guide
- National Competency Profiles
- Canadian Clinical Skills Assessment (CCSA)
- Canadian accredited sonography programs
Applications & Forms
- For all upcoming exam administration dates (until further notice), Sonography Canada exams will be administered online with remote proctoring. Due to the ongoing situation with the pandemic many in-person test centres remain closed or are open with significantly reduced capacity. All applicants must complete and submit the online application form below.
- If an applicant wishes to request accommodation at a test centre, they MUST contact Sonography Canada at email@example.com NO LATER THAN MARCH 17, 2021. This request should only be made in cases where the applicant does not have access to the required equipment (see #3 below). The request must include a preferred test centre location. However, availability for any site cannot be guaranteed.
- Equipment requirements for ‘Online Remote Proctoring’ exam delivery method: The following lists the basic equipment requirements. You must meet ALL the system requirements to access the exam. No exceptions.
- PC or Mac computer or laptop (chromebooks, tablets, iPads etc. are not supported)
- High speed internet (recommend a wired connection to internet, rather than wifi)
- Web Camera (1280 x 720 resolution recommended)
- A functioning microphone
- A handheld mirror/reflective device
4. Note that the $125.00 administration fee is non-refundable
Application forms for those wishing to challenge Sonography Canada credentialing examinations are available below during registration periods only.
- Exam Accommodation Request
- If a disability or impairment limits major life activities, a request for Exam Accommodations may be submitted in writing to Sonography Canada. This request must be submitted before the registration deadline of the exam session for which you are requesting exam accommodations.
- Exam Withdrawal and Refund
- Exam Results Appeals Request
Forward forms by email to:
or Fax: 1-888-743-2952