Accredited Program Applicants
Accredited program applicants are graduates of a Canadian accredited educational program in sonography who have successfully completed the Canadian Clinical Skills Assessment (CCSA™) within the program practicum. In Canada, Accreditation Canada is the accrediting body for sonography education programs.
Following graduation from the educational program, candidates are required to complete the Sonography Canada written examination for which they wish to obtain credential(s).
For more information, please consult the Eligibility Policy below.
Canadian Accredited Program Graduates Pathway
- Program Eligibility Policy
- Candidate Guide (updated April 2023)
- English Language Fluency Recommendations
- National Competency Profiles
- Canadian Clinical Skills Assessment (CCSA)
- Canadian accredited sonography programs
Applications & Forms
Please review the Sonography Canada Candidate Guide before applying and challenging all exams. For all Sonography Canada exam dates and registration deadlines, please click Exam Dates.
- For all upcoming exam administration dates, Sonography Canada exams will be administered online with remote proctoring by default. All applicants must review the Candidate Guide and complete and submit the online application form below.
- If an applicant wishes to submit a request to write at a test centre, they MUST contact Sonography Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN THE LAST DAY OF EXAM REGISTRATION. This request should be made in cases where the applicant does not have access to the required equipment (see #3 below) or private space. The request must include a preferred test centre location; however, availability for any site cannot be guaranteed. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the pandemic many in-person test centres remain closed or are open with significantly reduced capacity. Test centres may require official proof of two doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within 48-72hrs (requirements are dependent on the individual test centre and local public health guidelines at the time of the exam).
- Equipment requirements for Remote Proctored exam delivery method – Please review Appendix A of the Candidate Guide and the equipment list below for minimum equipment requirements and recommendations. You must meet ALL the system requirements listed under the “minimum” column to access the exam. No exceptions. Candidates who meet the minimum requirements may still encounter difficulty that will prevent access to the exam platform. Therefore, candidates are strongly encouraged to ensure their equipment meets the details listed under the “recommended” column. Exams will not be rescheduled due to technical issues.
4. Note that the $125.00 administration fee is non-refundable
Application forms for those wishing to challenge Sonography Canada credentialing examinations are available below during registration periods only.
Communication from Meazure Learning/Yardstick regarding exam scheduling will be sent by email. Please note: Emails may divert to spam/junk email folders. It is the applicant’s responsibility to check spam/junk email folders if they do not receive an email to an inbox.
- Students/Graduates Application for Examinations Form
- Exam Accommodation Request
- If a disability or impairment limits major life activities, a request for Exam Accommodations may be submitted in writing to Sonography Canada. This request must be submitted before the registration deadline of the exam session for which you are requesting exam accommodations.
- Exam Withdrawal and Refund
- Certification Exam Appeals Request
Please submit forms by:
- email to email@example.com
Page revised April 5, 2023