There are six (6) Operational Committees that are appointed by and report to the Board of Directors. Supported by dedicated volunteers, Committees focus on continuously improving the practice of sonography for the benefit of all members and for Canadian health care. Sonography Canada acknowledges and values the significant contributions that each Committee makes to the profession and to the organization.
The association currently has the following Operating Committees:
- Awards Committee
- CJMS Editorial Board Committee
- Continuing Professional Development Committee
- Examinations Committee
- National Education Advisory Committee
- Professional Practice Committee
Members of Operational Committees are proposed by the Nominating Committee and approved by the Board of Directors, often following a Call for Volunteers.
Committee Roles and Responsibilities
As a Sonography Canada committee member, you are expected to be an active and regular participant in committee activities. Roles and responsibilities as a committee member are listed below.
- Guide the committee in setting goals and objectives
- Coordinate calendar of meetings and agendas with staff
- Lead meetings and conference calls; ensure minutes are taken
- Identify potential committee members
- Represent the committee and report on activities to the Sonography Canada Board of Directors
- Attend at least 80% of all meetings and teleconference calls
- Come to meetings prepared
- Maintain the confidentiality of committee activities
- Complete work assignments in the agreed upon timeframe
- Adhere to additional requirements outlined in the committee Terms of Reference