The Sonography Canada Awards Program recognizes and celebrates individuals who have made significant contributions to the profession of sonography or to the association. Each year, members can apply for bursaries or nominate peers, mentors or colleagues to have the outstanding achievements of sonographers across the country recognized.
Our awards recognize the various roles and accomplishments sonographers can have in their careers starting as students, then as mentors, educators or colleagues. You can learn more about each award by clicking the link to the ones you are interested in. Each award page outlines eligibility, evaluation and selection criteria, nomination processes and prizes.
We have updated the nominations and applications process a new online nomination form and submission portal. You can familiarize yourself with the eligibility, evaluation and selection criteria, nomination process, and prizes by clicking on each award.
We follow the same timeline each year to maintain consistency for our members. We have added two weeks to the nomination period allowing for more time to apply.
- December: Call for nominations opens.
- April 15: Deadline for nominations.
- May 27: Awards Committee reviews and winner selection.
- May/June: Winners are notified by Sonography Canada; announced by Sonography Canada.
- September/October: Awards presentation at annual conference.
We look forward to receiving your applications each year and want to encourage members to explore the opportunities available through awards. Inquiries and questions about awards can be sent by email to email@example.com.
Awards and Bursaries
- View the 2021 award winners in this special edition of SONOgramme
- 2020 award winners
- 2014 to 2018 award winners