- Must directly involve the practice of sonography.
- Must enrich the member in a direct way by improving sonography knowledge, performance and competency to directly improve patient care.
Relevant to Practice
- Not sonography based but must enhance professional practice.
- These activities enable the member to expand and improve their knowledge, skills and inter-professional relationships, promoting and enhancing the profession of diagnostic medical sonography and ultimately enhancing patient care.
- Relevant to practice areas include nursing, medicine, MLT, MRT, vascular and cardiac non-sonography education, management/business, educator material, veterinary sonography etc.
Are pre-approved by Sonography Canada or another approved CPD provider and must have a certificate of completion to obtain CPD credit.
Sonography Canada accepted CPD providers for Directed activities:
ASRT (American Society of Radiologic Technologists)
ASUM (Australian Society for Ultrasound in Medicine)
BMUS (British Medical Ultrasound Society)
BSE (British Society of Echocardiography)
CAMRT (Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists)
CSE (Canadian Society of Echocardiography)
CSVS (Canadian Society of Vascular Surgery)
EACVI (European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging)
EAE (European Association of Echocardiography)
EFSUMB (European Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology)
ESVS (European Society for Vascular Surgery)
ISUOG (International Society in Obstetrics and Gynecology)
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
SDMS (Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers)
SVS (Society of Vascular Surgery)
SVU (Society of Vascular Ultrasound)
Vascular Society (Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland)
Go to the following area for the Sonography Canada CPD Activity Pre-Approval Information.
Are not pre-approved. These activities will require the member to provide a record of the type of learning activity, date, and time spent on activity. Self-Reflection will be required for all Self-Directed activities. A short summary statement will be selected from a drop-down list describing how the activity is relevant to sonography or your practice. You will also have the option to include a brief description of the activity’s relevance. This will serve as a reminder of your key learning experience.