Lifetime Achievement Award
The Lifetime Achievement Award formally recognizes a Sonography Canada member for their exceptional leadership, service and passion for excellence in sonography. We would like to acknowledge sonographers who have continued to render exceptional services to the sonography profession and whose achievements in their careers and in the community, have earned them distinction.
This award recognizes an individual’s outstanding contributions made throughout their career which have served to advance excellence in the profession and continue to inspire others in their community.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Nominees must be Active credentialed members in good standing with Sonography Canada .
- Nominees must have a minimum of 15 years of experience in the sonography profession.
- Nominees must have made outstanding and ongoing accomplishments, contributed significantly and consistently to the advancement and/or recognition of the profession. They must also be recognized as an exceptional leader and frequent contributor through education or leadership and openly shared valuable experience with colleagues, community and/or Sonography Canada Members.
- Refer to the evaluation form for details on how the winners will be selected.
- Complete the nomination form.
- Submit an essay describing how the candidate meets the award criteria in 1000 words or less by providing the following information:
- Achievements: Provide a list of outstanding lifetime achievements of the nominee. This may include innovation, clinical practice, practice management, professional, research or education etc.
- Contribution & Impact: Provide a description of the nominee’s meaningful contribution to the sonography profession. Please detail the degree and value of the contribution and how it impacts the sonography profession on a community, provincial, national and/or international level.
- Leadership : Describe how the nominee demonstrates exceptional leadership and how their work inspires others to pursue excellence.
- Supporting Documents: This step is optional, but nominators may wish to include news articles, publications, certifications or other recognition as supporting evidence.
- To insure impartial judging, nomination essays including the candidate’s name/ identifiers will not be accepted.
- There is no limit on the number of nominations that can be submitted.
- Nominations can be submitted in English or French.
- Sonography Canada will forward nominations received prior to the due date to the Awards Committee for evaluation.
All submissions must be received by February 15, 2021.
- Certificate of Recognition
- Participation in the Sonography Canada awards presentation. Travel expenses to participate will be covered as per the Sonography Canada travel policy, when applicable.
Please forward any questions you may have regarding this award to email@example.com.