Peter McLardie Memorial Education Bursary – Students and Sonographers
Peter McLardie, RTR, CRGS, CRVS, RDMS, RVT
October 29, 1951- October 13, 2009
“A gentler soul, as ever was blessed, who carried a heart as big as his head, in his chest.”
This bursary was created to recognize Peter McLardie’s extensive contributions to the ultrasound profession in Canada. The Bursaries are awarded each year in the following categories:
- Student Bursary – The student busary provides financial support for up to three (3) students by covering the costs of their credentialing exams (first attempt only)
- Sonographer Bursary – The sonographer bursary provides funds for educational endeavours to the recipient
- Student Bursary
- All applicants must have been enrolled in a diagnostic ultrasound program approved by Accreditation Canada in the year prior to their application.
- The application must be submitted with two (2) letters of reference.
- Sonographer Bursary
- All applicants must be an active member in good standing with Sonography Canada
- Student Bursary: Please refer to the student evaluation form for information on how the winner will be selected.
- Sonographer Bursary: Please refer to the sonographer evaluation form for information on how the winner will be selected
- Student Bursary
- Please complete the Application Form
- Please submit an essay up to 750 words outlining how Peter McLardie’s values and dedication have influenced the ultrasound profession and how you have demonstrated Peter’s values in the following three (3) categories: Community, Mentorship, Integrity.
- Sonographer Bursary
- Please complete the Nomination Form
- Please submit an essay up to 500 words describing how Peter McLardie’s professionalism and dedication are reflected in your learning goals for the future. In addition, you are asked to describe how you plan to use the funding and the impact the training will have on your career as an sonographer.
- For Both Bursaries:
- Please read Peter McLardie’s biography in Memoriam and Tribute.
- Please include your Sonography Canada membership number on your essay.
- Submissions can be in English or French
Please submit the completed application &/or nomination Form and essay to Sonography Canada by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sonography Canada will forward all nominations and applications received before the application deadline to the Awards Committee for winner selections.
- The awards will be presented at the Sonography Canada annual conference
All submission must be received by January 31, 2020
- January 31: Deadline to submit nominations
- March 31: The committee completes their review and selects the recipient
- April: The winner is notified
- May: The winners will be recognized at the awards ceremony at the Sonography Canada annual conference
- The cost of writing any of the Sonography Canada credentialing examinations will be covered by this bursary (1st attempt for each exam only). In the event the recipient has already paid for some or all of their Sonography Canada exams as of the time of receiving the bursary, such exam fees will be reimbursed as part of the bursary.
- A certificate will be presented to winners able to attend the awards ceremony or mailed to those who are not able to be in attendance.
- $1000 towards an educational endeavor.
- the recipient will have 1 year to investigate professional development opportunities, and submit their expenses to Sonography Canada.
- A certificate will be presented to winners in attendance at the awards ceremony or mailed to those who are not able to be in attendance.
Submissions will be accepted in both English and French.
If you are interested in donating to the Peter McLardie Memorial Education Bursary fund, donations can be made to Sonography Canada.
The fund is not registered and therefore contributions are not tax deductible.