Early Professional Achievement Award
This award celebrates outstanding junior sonographers who distinguish themselves at the beginning of their careers by demonstrating their leadership, a desire to further their knowledge and skills, and their active participation in the profession
There is a significant transition period between the status of an ultrasound student and that of an experienced sonographer. The purpose of this award is to recognize the achievements and contributions of junior sonographers during this transition period. By recognizing their achievements, we want to inspire students and sonographers to become more involved in improving our profession.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Applicants must be Active credentialed members in good standing with Sonography Canada.
- Candidates must have held one or more Sonography Canada credentials for 5 years or less by the award submission deadline.
- Candidates must have exceeded the expectations for contributions to the profession based on the number of years of service.
- Refer to the evaluation form for details on how the winners will be selected.
- Complete the Nomination Form.
- In essay form, provide a 250 words or less (maximum 750 words) response for each theme:
- Ongoing professional development
- Level of involvement within the profession.
- To insure impartial judging, nomination essays including the candidate’s name/ identifiers will not be accepted.
- Nominations can be submitted in English or French.
- Sonography Canada will forward nominations received prior to the due date to the Awards Committee for evaluation.
All submissions must be received by April 15.
- Registration for the annual conference.
- Participation in the Sonography Canada awards presentation. Travel expenses to participate will be covered as per the Sonography Canada travel policy, when applicable.
- Certificate of Recognition
Please forward any questions you may have regarding this award to email@example.com.