Early Professional Achievement Award
This award celebrates outstanding junior sonographers who distinguish themselves at the beginning of their careers by demonstrating their leadership, a desire to further their knowledge and skills, and their active participation in the profession
There is a significant transition period between the status of an ultrasound student and that of an experienced sonographer. The purpose of this award is to recognize the achievements and contributions of junior sonographers during this transition period. By recognizing their achievements, we want to inspire students and sonographers to become more involved in improving our profession.
- All candidates must be a Sonography Canada active credentialed member in good standing.
- All candidates must hold a Sonography Canada credential for 5 years or less at the time of the award deadline.
- All candidates must have exceeded expectations for contributions to the profession based on the number of years of service.
- Please refer to the evaluation form for information on how the winners will be selected.
- Please complete the Nomination Form and provide a 250-word response for each of the three themes: leadership, ongoing professional development and the level of involvement within the profession.
- Nominations can be submitted in English or French.
- Sonography Canada will forward the nominations received to the committee that will select the winners.
- The award will be presented at the Sonography Canada annual conference.
All submission must be received by January 31, 2019
- January 31: Deadline to submit nominations
- March 31: The committee completes their review and selects the recipient(s)
- April: The winner is notified
- May: The winner will be announced/recognized at the awards ceremony at the Sonography Canada annual conference
The winner will be invited to receive their award at the Sonography Canada annual conference. They will receive free registration for the conference as well as travel (economy) and accomodation (a hotel room for 2 nights). A framed certificate will be presented to the winner who is present at the awards ceremony. Otherwise, the unframed certificate will be mailed.